Here is what you’ll need!
Loaded Scalloped Potatoes
6 slices bacon, chopped into 1″ pieces
3 tbsp. unsalted butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 c. heavy cream
1 c. chicken broth
2 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 c. finely chopped chives
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cook bacon until crispy and drain on paper towels.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in flour and cook for another minute. Whisk in heavy cream and chicken broth and season with salt and pepper. Simmer until thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Spoon a thin layer of sauce into the bottom of a large casserole dish. Add a single layer of thinly sliced potatoes on top. Spoon more sauce over the potatoes and top with cheese and bacon. Repeat 3-4 times, or until the casserole dish is mostly full.
5. Bake until the sauce is bubbly and the potatoes are very tender, about 40-50 minutes. Let rest for at least 15 minutes before serving.